Wednesday, January 16, 2008

46: Assorted Drugs And Other Stuff...

Not to worry, I'm not doped up or anything like that!
But ofcourse I like my occasional cold beverage :-)
Cheers.
I just liked the idea of, well, ofcourse first there's the sex,
then the DRUGS and then some rock 'n' roll...
It's just like Ian Dury said, that's right.
Music reflects life itself in many ways,
that's surely the reason why there are so many songs about love
(or the absence of it).
Plenty of drug-related material too...
Here comes my first stash:

1. Better Daze - Golden Brown (4:36)
2. Canned Heat - Amphetamine Annie (3:39)
3. Eels - Novocaine For The Soul (3:08)
4. Hayseed Dixie - Marijuana (2:55)
5. Morphine - Honey White (3:04)
6. Muddy Waters - Champagne & Reefer (4:36)
7. Nat Adderley - Quit It (3:46)
8. Nick Drake - Cocaine Blues (2:58)
9. Otis Taylor - Mama's Selling Heroin (3:53)
10. Queens Of The Stone Age - Feel Good Hit of the Summer (2:43)
 

2 comments:

Down In The Valley said...

SHit...you mean nobody made any comments?!?! How low can some people go...I swear...Great Great Great mixes...I been working my way down your page and am blown away by all that you have assembled written and posted...Thanks for what you have done...So much to listen to...and I will make the time...before I jump off the Tallahatchie Bridge...

E-mile said...

(new recipe!)
get your fix here:
https://rapidshare.com/files/1564646473/46 drugs.rar