Saturday, December 1, 2007

The Eleventh Ten Commandments

Hi.
Strictly jazz? Well, luckily for me jazz comes in many different sorts and in many different colors. It isn't all about Stan Getz, Dave Brubeck or Charlie Parker either. For me, discovering jazz music was one of the best things ever happened to me...It started way back with me buying John Coltrane's A Love Supreme and things forever changed since then!
It was hard for me to point out only 10 songs for this post...
let's say I'm quite confident more jazz is gonna slip into the next 'commandments'... that's for sure!
Let the music do the talking now:

1. Bennie Maupin Ensemble - Tapping Things (5:40)
2. Billy Tipton Memorial Saxophone Quartet - Stompin' at the Cranium (5:06)
3. David Murray & GWO-KA Masters - Gwotet (12:14)
4. Don Cherry - Art Deco (8:43)
5. Jimi Tenor - Outta Space (6:25)
6. John Coltrane - Song of the Underground Railroad (6:44)
7. Last Of The Hipmen - Punaluu Peter (8:56)
8. Oliver Nelson - Hoe Down (4:43)
9. Rahsaan Roland Kirk - Raouf (3:05)
10. Wayne Horvitz & Zony Mash - Stompin At The Cranium (6:39)
or:
enjoy, E-mile

No comments: