For today I've gathered some BIG jazz sounds,
some quiet jazz sounds,
some old and some new,
it's all here, within these 10 songs.
If you can get a hold of the Last Of The Hipmen CD/LP?
don't hesitate, it's a KILLER album!
(for those who are not that fortunate, -it's since long OOP-
I upped my CD to RS, no artwork, just the music, link is in comment)
On the T. Hayes song the great Roland Kirk (an all-time favourite of mine)
can be heard on various instruments (as usual :-)
Although it's all jazz here ofcourse,
maybe the theme for today is "soulful" ?
1. Ethnic Heritage Ensemble - Mama's house (11:31)
2. Henry Threadgill - I Can't Wait To Get Home (4:08)
3. John Coltrane - The Last Blues (4:22)
4. Last Of The Hipmen - Ballad For The Black Man (6:07)
5. Mal Waldron - Warp and Woof (5:40)
6. McCoy Tyner - Paradox (16:27)
7. Miles Davis - Chez Le Photographe Du Motel (3:55)
8. Nostalgia 77 Octet - Journey Home (6:39)
9. Tubby Hayes All Star Sextet - I See With My Third "I" (9:33)
10. Wynton Marsalis - Engine (6:38)