Tuesday, December 18, 2007

26: Talking All That Jazz!


For today I've gathered some BIG jazz sounds,
some quiet jazz sounds,
some old and some new,
it's all here, within these 10 songs.
If you can get a hold of the Last Of The Hipmen CD/LP?
don't hesitate, it's a KILLER album!
(for those who are not that fortunate, -it's since long OOP-
I upped my CD to RS, no artwork, just the music, link is in comment)
On the T. Hayes song the great Roland Kirk (an all-time favourite of mine)
can be heard on various instruments (as usual :-)
Although it's all jazz here ofcourse,
maybe the theme for today is "soulful" ?
enjoy!
1. Ethnic Heritage Ensemble - Mama's house (11:31)
2. Henry Threadgill - I Can't Wait To Get Home (4:08)
3. John Coltrane - The Last Blues (4:22)
4. Last Of The Hipmen - Ballad For The Black Man (6:07)
5. Mal Waldron - Warp and Woof (5:40)
6. McCoy Tyner - Paradox (16:27)
7. Miles Davis - Chez Le Photographe Du Motel (3:55)
8. Nostalgia 77 Octet - Journey Home (6:39)
9. Tubby Hayes All Star Sextet - I See With My Third "I" (9:33)
10. Wynton Marsalis - Engine (6:38)
-

2 comments:

E-mile said...

for the LOTH album:
http://rapidshare.com/files/57193425/Last_Of_The_Hipmen_-_David_Murray_a.o_1989.rar

play loud & enjoy!
E-mile

E-mile said...

crawfish, again thanx and here is it, fresh out of 404-camp:
http://www.multiupload.com/819SHZHV83