Today, maybe it's possible (I doubt it),
but surely time to try to answer that question...
Why I bring it up, you might ask?
Some questions stay in your head for a whole day,
for me, this was one of them :-)
I can't really put it into words, so I'll try to answer
it in my "musical-manifesto" here at E-mile says...
However I hope the answers these 20 (!) songs might
provide will leave the question still standing strong.
Maybe Funk is when you can't explain what the funk
is happening, but you're dancing like mad?
Viva Le Funk!
1. Ben Harper - Bring The Funk (4:07)
2. Chambers Brothers - Funky (2:47)
3. Dynamic Concepts - Funky Chicken (2:33)
4. Equals - Funky Like A Train (4:25)
5. Fantastic Epics - Fun & Funk pt.11 (3:06)
6. Herbie Mann - It's A Funky Thing- Right On (3:04)
7. Hugh Boynton - Funky Grasshopper (2:53)
8. Ice - Funky Bunch (2:47)
9. J.Cameron & The Camerons - Funky John (2:51)
10. Jerry O - Funky Charge (3:08)
11. Joe Bataan - Aftershower Funk (5:09)
12. Joe Farrell - Canned Funk (7:21)
13. Kwanza Posse - Wicked Funk (4:34)
14. Last Poets - Funk (6:06)
15. Lonnie Liston Smith - Cosmic Funk (5:27)
16. Mahavishnu Orchestra - Can't Stand Your Funk (2:09)
17. Nite-Liters - Con Funk Shun (4:50)
18. Politicians - Funky Toes (4:06)
19. Saravah Soul - Funk E Saravah (3:46)
20. Wayne McGhie & The Sounds Of Joy - Dirty Funk (3:41)