Saturday, September 6, 2008

179: Train...

Hi.
Today I elaborate on a suggestion done by Matt(hias),
another reader, musical maniac, collector and listmaker from
Germany, who visits here so every now and then...
He's also going to do a far-out-there guest post here,
so be prepared for some twisted sounds on his behalve :-)
Matt proposed the idea (and a pic he'd taken) for your odd
all-TRAIN-compilation of some sort...
well, I'm always open for that kind of uplifting input,
so I gave it some thoughts.
-
I realised lots of songs will fit into this "label", so today I present
a carefully selected first part of those songs that need a rail or two...
-
Pic courtesy of Matt, songs on my behalve,
let's have it for the first 10 train-songs & enjoy!
-
1. Billy Larkin & The Delegates - G'won Train (3:33)
2. Buddy Miles - Memphis Train (2:54)
3. Charles Mingus - GG Train (4:39)
4. Hugh Masekela - Stimela (Coaltrain) (6:26)
5. Johnny Hammond - Peace Train (4:27)
6. Martial Solal - Un Train Vaut Mieux Que Deux Tu L'auras (4:00)
7. Merl Saunders - My Train (2:40)
8. Nathan Davis - Train Of Thought (5:26)
9. Richard Davis - Milktrain (6:05)
10. Wynton Marsalis - Night Train (2:24)
-

2 comments:

FASTMAN said...

HEY............THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH.
I LOVE THIS SITE. VERY VERY COOL.
THE WAH WAH COLLECTION ARE ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC.

GREETZ FROM SWITZERLAND

E-mile said...

re-run on this track:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yydkjntjizm