Sunday, October 26, 2008

194: Messin' with Sly, part 2

Hi.
You've guessed it, another totally "fresh" version
compilation in honour of Sylvester Stone!
-
Some really, really nice versions here, one
totally a fav de moi is the one by Booker T...
Damn, that was helluva tight band!
-
ENJOY
-
1. Blue Star Gang - Thank You (1:31)
2. Booker T & The MG's - Sing A Simple Song (3:35)
3. Breakestra - Remember Who You Are (3:07)
4. Caesar Frazier - Running Away (5:00)
5. Donald Seward - Sing A Simple Song (2:45)
6. Gougoush - I Want To Take You Higher (2:44)
7. He 6 - Dance To The Music (3:44)
8. He 6 - Sing A Simple Song (4:18)
9. He 6 - Stand (2:44)
10. Jimmy Stone - Family Affair (2:54)
11. Kashmere Stage Band - Thank You (Live) (5:59)
12. King Herbert - Sing A Simple Song (4:49)
13. L.A. Carnival - Are You Ready (4:39)
14. Maceo Parker - Thank You For Letting Me Be .. (6:18)
15. Rabbits & Carrots - Everyday People (3:46)
16. Rose Banks - I Get High On You (3:48)
17. Sacramento Senior High School 1970 - Everyday People (2:35)
18. Tomorrow's Children - Sing A Simple Song (3:06)
19. Winston Francis - Stand (2:40)
-
messin' with Sly part 2 (RS)

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Hey E-mile! I haven't been on here in awhile, but I wanted to let you know that I dig what you're doing here. Speaking of Sly, I just posted a new psychedelic soul podcast that features artists who were influenced by Sly and Jimi- That low-down funk sound, you know. i'm interested to hear what you think of it. Also, do you have any idea what's going on with Sounds From the Edge of the Universe. It tells me that I am not invited to view the blog. I know that this has to be a mistake because Greg and Reza just added me to their links last week. Just wondered if you could shed some light on this matter?

Keep on keepin' on!

Best, Kevin

http://eclectic-grooves.blogspot.com

HSB DaveB. said...

E,

This looks ACES! Can't wait to check it out. Keep on DOIN' IT, MY BRUTHA!!

Peace and SOUL,
Dave...