Tuesday, September 16, 2008

182: Jazz, jazz & a bit of jazz

Hi.
For today's post it's a mix of jazz, jazz & a bit of jazz!
It swirls through the years and styles, like confetti on a party,
but it's still a "coherent" (yes I can use strange words as you see :-)
1 hour and 40 minutes listening trip...
-
It's a mix of music I've had for decades and stuff my local dealers
& heros provided for the last year I was so "out here" ,
they are responsible for keeping my addiction sane
and I'm sure they know who they are!
-
Put this on your walkman, Ipod or boombox on your way to work,
or yet even better, when you're day is done and enjoy!
-
1. Art Davis Quartet - Add (19:27)
2. Charlie Mariano - Locus (4:36)
3. Clifford Jordan - Vienna (17:04)
4. Gene Ammons - It Don't Mean A Thing (5:39)
5. Jazz Crusaders - The Breeze And I (5:08)
6. Jimmy Smith - Jazz Scattin' (6:21)
7. Joe Lee Wilson - Jazz Ain't Nothin' But Soul (4:58)
8. Music Revelation Ensemble - My Prayer (9:14)
9. Ndikho Xaba & The Natives - Nomusa (8:46)
10. Patricia Barber - If This Isn't Jazz (5:13)
11. Roland Kirk - Why Don't They Know (2:56)
12. Ron Holloway & Gil Scott-Heron - Is That Jazz (4:32)
13. Willis Jackson - Young Man With The Horn (5:55)
-

No comments: